It is so important to prepare our hearts while doing something like this. Not only for ourselves, but for the people we will be interacting with. If we don’t correctly prepare our hearts, a mission trip may just turn into a trip. But how do we prepare our hearts? Here are a few things I have thought through and reflected on in order to prepare:
- Why am I going on this trip? List good and bad motives.
- What does it mean to have compassion?
- How can I demonstrate God’s love and compassion to those I serve?
- How can I align my motives with God’s will?
- In what ways can I be a good ambassador for Christ?
Journaling these questions has helped align my heart for this trip. Try to come up with some of your own, too. Let this trip not be about me but about you, Jesus!
Oh man has the devil tried to attack hard leading up to this trip. Spiritual warfare is real! The devil will try to attack at every angle because he is scared of what we are about to do for the Kingdom. We need to use prayer and the Word as our weapons. Jesus makes the darkness tremble. Now take back your spiritual ground!
I am in Minneapolis for RAMP, which is focused around getting us trained and prepared for our sites! I leave for the Quad Cities Wednesday morning at 9:00. God has already moved so much in two days…